At B & C’s party last Saturday evening, I snapped some excellent horse face photographs, including this one…
Hosf’sography is one of the most fun things you can do with a digital camera and a flash at a house party. The technique for getting good results is quite simple.
Being, as I must be by now, one of the worlds leading experts on Horse face photography, I feel I must pass on the art and technique, in the form of this simple guide..
How to take a good horse face photograph
- Pick the right time of the evening. Make sure everyone is merry and have lowered their guard, but not totally ripped to the tips.
- Set your camera to sports mode if there is one and make sure the flash is on (NB – it has to be a camera with a proper flash – not an iPhone with a ‘built in flash’ (this doesn’t freeze the action properly. You ideally need a proper flash)
- Take a test photo to ensure your camera is good to go, at the touch of a button.
- Ask for a volunteer to help out with a super cool photo project.
- Ask them, on the count of three, to make a noise like a horse. Not the neigh sound, the other one.
- Once they’ve started, let them relax into it for half a second to a second, then snap. Quick check, ask them to do it again a couple of times until you’ve got the desired result.
- Show the by now interested parties standing nearby.
- repeat until bored.