Happy Valentine’s day from everyone here at Dragondrop. I hope you all are having a wonderful day and someone out there has made you smile.
Here is a note of 8 things that happened on February 14th in history;
1. 270 – St. Valentine is beheaded
2. 1895 – Oscar Wilde’s final play, The Importance of Being Earnest, opens at the St. James’ Theatre in London
3. 1912 – Arizona becomes the 48th state of America
4. 1929 – The St. Valentine’s Day Massacre occurs – gunmen in the suspected employment of organised-crime boss Al Capone murder seven members of the George ‘Bugs’ Moran North Siders gang in a garage in Chicago
5. 1929 – Sir Alexander Fleming discovers Penicillin. After leaving a plate of staphylococcus bacteria uncovered, he noticed that a mold that had fallen on the culture had killed many of the bacteria.
6. 1945 – Thousands of bombs destroy Dresden
7. 1951 – Kevin Keegan is born
8. 1984 – British figure skating couple Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean skate off with a gold medal at the Winter Olympics in Sarajevo after dancing to Ravel’s Bolero